May 17, 2019
By: Marcie Culbert
There will be lots of fun things to do in St. Catharines this long weekend.
The local splash pads will be opening today. You can also check out the St. Catharines Museum and Welland Canals Centre and the Film House at FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre all weekend long.
The Morningstar Mill heritage site at Decew Falls will open for the season on Saturday.
The Lakeside Park Carousel will not open in Port Dalhousie this weekend, due to recent flooding out of Lake Ontario.
The following of City facilities will be closed for the holiday Monday;
- City Hall
- Enterprise Centre
- FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre box office
- Meridian Centre box office
- Parks, Recreation and Culture Services administration office
- St. Catharines Kiwanis Aquatics Centre
- Seymour Hannah Sports and Entertainment Centre, Bill Burgoyne Arena and Garden City Arena Complex
- Russell Avenue and Port Weller community centres
- Dunlop Drive, Port Dalhousie and West St. Catharines older adult centres
- Victoria Lawn Cemetery administration office (visitation is always available from dawn to dusk)