Eight Beaches to Stay Away from this Long Weekend
August 2, 2019
By: Marcie Culbert
Warnings have been issued for eight of Niagara's beaches going into the long weekend.
Public health officials have found high levels of E.Coli in the water.
Swimming could lead to ear, eye, nose, throat and skin infections. Ingesting the water could cause diarrhea.
Warnings signs have been posted at the following locations;
- Bernard Ave Beach (Fort Erie)
- Waverly Beach (Fort Erie)
- Nelles Beach (Grimsby)
- Charles Daley Park East (Lincoln)
- Humberstone Centennial Park Beach (Port Colborne)
- Shekston Quarry Beach (Port Colborne)
- Sherkston Wyldewood Beach (Port Colborne)
- Lakeside Beach (St. Catharines)
You can check the status of all of Niagara's beaches online here.