The truck was taken out of the now closed Lyons Avenue firehall, fire fighters union to restore it
A piece of Welland fire fighting history will be restored and maintained by the Welland Professional Firefighters Association.
The local fire department, along with the city, has been clearing out old equipment from the now closed Lyons Avenue firehall, and that includes a 1946 pumper truck.
It hasn't been used for years, and the city has no room for it, or resources to care for it.
The fire department adds many options were considered, until the union stepped forward to claim it, and made an agreement with the city to restore it, at no cost to taxpayers.
Once it's ready, the truck will be in parades and other events, sharing Welland's history.

Moyer Farms Making $12M Investment
Niagara Falls Going Green for St. Patrick's Day
St. Catharines RIDE Campaign
Davies Challenges Gov't on EV Support
Welland's Plan for Hospital Contribution
New GO Station Coming to Niagara
Most Serious Collisions in Summer: Region
Coach Service Added to Airport